Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thank You

It's Mother's Day and there are two women in my life I need to honor on this here blog. You see, I had the privilege of having two ladies in my life. Before you think it's about to get Ellen in here let me clarify. I have my mom and I have my aunt, my mom's sister. So, here it goes.

Mom,
Thank you for carrying me and going through the pain of child birth. From the stories I've heard, I wasn't the easiest baby. I cried a lot. Thank you for holding me when I was a needy baby. Thank you for changing my diapers, bathing me, and loving me. Since becoming a mom myself, I'm starting to realize the sacrifice it takes to put your child's needs above your own. Thank you for introducing me to good music. Thank you for loving animals and in turn making me an animal lover. Thank you for giving me a brother and a sister. Thank you for being a woman of humility. You aren't afraid to admit when you made mistakes. You also aren't afraid to change the course of your life no matter how much time passed. You are a great example of a life changed and grown. Thank you for having a soft heart. You have helped shape me in ways I'm still discovering. Thank you for taking the long drive to Utah to make it in time for Charlotte's arrival. Thank you for loving Charlotte. I know she is so blessed to have you as her grandma. I could go on but I will make it short and sweet. I love you, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

Aunt Lori,
Thank you for bringing me in to your home. Having two kids of your own, I don't know how you did it. You made me feel so loved and wanted in your home. You let it be my home and for that I am forever grateful. Thank you for pushing me. Thank you for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself. I didn't think I could swim. You cheered me on at every. single. race. Thank you for spending a ton of money for me to be in club water polo. You didn't have to, but you did. I'm just now starting to see all the extra time, money, energy, and heart you put in to my upbringing when you didn't have to but you did. Your selflessness is a thing of rare beauty. Thank you for being excited for my first formal dance. Thank you for being "Aunt Lori" to all my friends. I'm pretty sure they still all refer to you that way. Thank you for Hawaii, allowing 30 of my friends to eat at our place before Winter Formal, helping me get my first job, setting up my first checking account, knowing how to clean and cook, helping me get to college. Thank you for my wedding. Thank you for being Charlotte's "Grauntie". She is so blessed to have you in her life. The list in exhaustive (and I mean, EXHAUSTIVE!) in terms of what you did and were for me so I will stop. Happy Mother's Day to my awesome Aunt Lori! I love you!

I hope both of you had a beautiful day being celebrated. God has used you both in unique ways to mold and shape me in the person today and for that I am grateful. Happy Mother's Day.
Mom, Me, and Aunt Lori at my baby shower last November



2 comments:

  1. I haven't had time to comment on this , but now i will! Lindsey you have touched my life in ways you will never begin to know, You have been an inspiration to me in so many ways, for that I am forever grateful! You are a women of courage, strength , forgiveness, and rare beauty!i am forever grateful to your mom (my sister), for giving me the chance to have such an amazing young women to help raise! Never thank thank me for something that I am so grateful to of had the chance tobe of part of the women you have become! I have to note to all who reads this , although I was there to push and push ( Ha Ha ) , honey it was all you, you never gave up no matter what! your spirit your drive your love of god your love for life! you deserve all the credit for who you are!I would do it all over again to have the chance to have you teach me the lessons in life that you did! I love you Lindsey, and am so proud of the women , wife, niece, friend , daughter, cousin, and mother you are!!!!! I love you!!! ( "My cup runnith over"

    ReplyDelete